ONGOING OUTREACH OPPORTUNITIES
The apostles Peter and Paul teach us...
"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace." - 1 Peter 4:10
"For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them." - Romans 12:4-6a
Through the grace of our Lord, we strive to fulfill these teachings to serve Jesus and one another. We all have unique gifts, talents, and strengths, and we’re always looking for those willing to use theirs in service of our Lord. We have many teams and committees to become involved in at DUMC!
- Bereavement Ministry - Meals are provided for the families who have Funeral Services at our church. Contact: Cheryl Mothershed 626-2287 or email@example.com
- Emmaus Walk - A weekend experience that is both a spiritual encounter and a training for Christian leaders. DUMC is affiliated with the Servant Heart Emmaus Community based in the Mobile area. Contact: Steve Day- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family Promise of Baldwin County - Provides temporary shelter, related services and nurturing support to homeless families with children and to assist them with obtaining suitable and permanent housing. Contact: Barbara Phipps, 251-990-3357.
- Happy Hearts - Fun-loving group of senior citizens 55+ that meet the 4th Thursday of every month excluding Thanksgiving. They meet at 10:00 a.m. in the Gathering Room in the Community Life Center. Contact: Francis Weeks, email@example.com
- Men's Ministry - Saturday morning group consisting of Bible Study, Prison Ministry and Promise Keeper Events. Meets 1st Saturday of every month at Loxley Work Release at 8:00 a.m., 2nd-4th Saturdays in the Community Life Center, Room #215 at 7:00 a.m. Contact Tom Wolfe at 251-990-6078
- National Day of Prayer - Annual day of Observance held on the 1st Thursday of May. Our local event is at Daphne City Hall at 1705 Main St. at NOON.
- Pet Therapy - We take our beloved pets to share joy with our nursing home friends. Contact: Sheila Nelson, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prodisee Pantry - A facility located in Spanish Fort that provides love, hope and comfort through emergency food and referrals. Open each Tuesday, 9 to 11:30 a.m. Contact: Deann Servos, 251-626-1720 or email, email@example.com
- Preschool - Ages 2 through 4. For days and times, see our preschool page. Contact: Lee Scioneaux 251-626-3606
- Route (4)56 - A program for (4)th, 5th & 6th graders. For more info on Fall Launch please contact: Allison Blaylock (251) 626-2287 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stephen Ministry - Our congregation’s Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals in our congregation and community who are experiencing difficulties in their lives. Contact Bill Morrison at email@example.com
- United Methodist Children's Home - A safe haven for children, youth and their families through off-campus homes and family preservation services such as counseling, emergency financial aid services, etc. Contact: Lucy Cunningham at 251-625-4300.
- Upward Basketball & Cheerleading - Upward sports is an excellent way to learn the fundamentals and enjoy playing team sports. For boys and girls age Kindergarten-6th grade. Contact Neil Beasley at 251-626-2722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See our Community Life Center page for more info.
- Wednesday Meal Preparation - We need volunteers to cook, help set-up and clean up for our Wednesday evening meals once a month. Contact Heather Smith at email@example.com
Youth Mentor Opportunities
- We are always looking for people who are passionate about making a difference in students lives. And get this, you don’t have to be able to teach Leviticus to make a difference. Do you like music? Do you watch TV? Do you like sports? Do you have a facebook? Do you want to be a better person? So do all of our students and what they need is mentors that they can look up too. Anyone interested in helping out, feel free to contact our Director of Youth Ministries Phillip Doty anytime firstname.lastname@example.org.